As a leader within the super-premium organic cannabis sector, we are looking for a self-motivated AP Clerk that is self-driven, highly adaptable, confident and prepared to take on any curveball this emerging industry might throw their way. This role is for our head office in downtown Vancouver and reports to the Manager of Financial Reporting (CPA, CA). Come and help us deliver our mission and have a big impact in this exciting high growth industry.
- Processing invoices received daily and preparing and processing payments, including cheques, wires, EFT and ACH batch payments
- Working closely with the Senior Accountant and Manager of Financial Reporting to post journal entries and prepare reconciliations and working papers (Xero and Sage 50)
- Assisting during interim and year-end audits by gathering requested invoices and preparing calculations
- Responsibility of file management and organization
- Other responsibilities can be added depending on the candidate’s experience and strengths
- 1-5 years of accounts payable experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficiency with a computer and are familiar with Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Xero and/or Sage 50 experience is an asset
- Organized, personable and punctual
- The ability to manage your own schedule, prioritize your tasks and meet your deadlines.
- Strong communication skills, both in writing and on the phone
- You bring positivity with you wherever you go and are always a welcome part of a team
- Eager to learn and wanting to advance in an accounting career under a strong finance group with multiple CPAs
- An interest in the emerging cannabis sector is an asset