Rubicon Organics mission is to grow the best cannabis on earth and for the earth. We will be bringing our portfolio of Super Premium Organic Cannabis brands to the Canadian market in November of 2019. We are recruiting an outstanding Cultivation Manager to lead our Cultivation team in our mission, vision and values journey. This is an opportunity to take everything you have learned in your career to date and apply it in a critical role within a nimble multinational company, leaving a huge legacy in your wake.
Purpose of the Cultivation Manager role
Overall plant health and crop yield; ensure maximum yields, cost efficiency, and quality standards for super premium organic cannabis
Manage the Cultivation team which consists of Head Grower, Assistant Growers, Climate Manager, IPM Specialist and Crop Laborers while working cross functionally with Quality and Compliance, adhering to the Cannabis Act regulations.
As a key member of the Operations leadership team, ensure that production targets are achieved with super premium organic cannabis.
We are looking for an outstanding Cultivation Manager who wants to leave a tangible legacy:
Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders in Operations, Sales and Marketing
Oversee cultivation, propagation and harvesting of cannabis resulting in high quality yield
Strong leadership and living the values in everything we do
Required Skills, Experience and Academic/Educational Requirements:
- Knowledge and experience in cannabis with proven success in cultivation
- Previous MMAR/ACMPR experience is an asset
- Lead Crop Planning via collaborative input & communication with key stakeholders
- Knowledge in plant disease and IPM
- Knowledge of different growing methods, micronutrients, beneficialbacteria, and nutrient implementation.
- Knowledge and compliance with GPP, GMP and GLP; adhere to SOP’s, RKF’s, WIS’s
- Manage all aspects of growing including selection & development of genetic strains and seeds, cloning, potting and transplanting, designing and maintaining nutrient regiments, feeding plants, defoliation, topping, flushing, foliar and preventative sprays
- Hire and train new and current cultivation team members
- Knowledge of genetics and plant care including a comprehensive knowledge of strains
- Manage production schedule to ensure coverage and efficiency of plant operations
- Determine irrigation frequency and duration
- Monitor environmental inputs to maximize production and prevent failures
- Determine nutrient selection based on observation and production schedule
- Perform water, nutrient and soil tests
- Prune, train and support growing plants
- Identify and trouble shoot plant problems with suggested recommendations/resolutions
- Coordinate continuous harvest activities with Post Harvest Manager
- Efficient, effective and open communication to all levels of the organization
- Greenhouse and/or horticultural degree an asset
- Health Canada Security Clearance would be an asset