Rubicon Organics mission is to grow the best cannabis on earth and for the earth. We will be soon be bringing our portfolio of Super Premium Organic Cannabis brands to the Canadian market. We are recruiting an outstanding Cultivation Manager to lead our Cultivation team though complex planning, budgeting and team building. You are obsessive about details and extremely organized in your planning. You will build a team to develop, modify and execute a cultivation plan based on existing expertise. Your strong financial skills will ensure you track the labour costs associated with critical tasks so unit economics are understood; therefore making decisions to constantly improve our efficiency and cost base.
Purpose of the Cultivation Manager role
Overall plant health and crop yield; ensure maximum yields, cost efficiency, and quality standards for super premium organic cannabis.
Manage the Cultivation team which consists of Assistant Growers, Climate Manager, IPM Specialist and Crop Laborers while working cross functionally with Quality and Compliance, adhering to the Cannabis Act regulations.
Manage workflow processes, ensuring departmental reporting structure is followed.
As a key member of the Operations leadership team, ensure that production targets are achieved with super premium organic cannabis.
We are looking for an outstanding Cultivation Manager who wants to leave a tangible legacy:
Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders in planning decisions but also execute flawlessly
Oversee cultivation, propagation and harvesting of cannabis resulting in high quality yield
Strong Leadership and Living the Values in everything we do
Required Skills, Experience and Academic/Educational Requirements:
- Lead Crop Planning via collaborative input & communication with key stakeholders. Planning decisions are key.
- Knowledge and compliance with Good Production Practices, Good Manufacturing Practices and Good Laboratory Practices; adhere to Standard Operating Procedures, Record Keeping Forms, Work Instruction Sheets
- Extremely detail oriented
- Knowledge and experience in cannabis with proven success in cultivation
- Previous MMAR/ACMPR experience is an asset
- Manage all aspects of growing including working with the marketing team to select and develop genetic strains and seeds, cloning, potting and transplanting, designing nutrient regiments, feeding plants, defoliation, topping, flushing, foliar and preventative sprays
- Proven success in leading a strong team, including hiring and training cultivation team members
- Manage production schedule to ensure coverage and efficiency of plant operations
- Knowledge of different growing methods, micronutrients, beneficialbacteria, and nutrient implementation.
- Work with Chief Science Officer to get necessary information and inputs into the cultivation plan – and then execute.
- Monitor environmental inputs to maximize production and prevent failures
- Base level knowledge in plant disease and IPM
- Ensure the team prunes, trains and supports growing plants
- Identify and trouble shoot plant problems with suggested recommendations/resolutions
- Coordinate continuous harvest activities with Post Harvest Manager
- Effective and open communication to all levels of the organization
- Greenhouse and/or horticultural degree an asset, however executive management and operational planning experience is key.