Rubicon Organics is looking for a talented individual to help us deliver our mission and have a big impact in this high growth and exciting industry. Our Director of Investor Relations will oversee and evolve the organization’s ongoing capital markets strategy as well as manage analyst relationships, ensuring shareholders and investors are informed about business decisions and the Rubicon story. This is an opportunity to take your knowledge and experience, and lead the organization through a huge growth stage, leaving a huge legacy in your wake.
Purpose of the Director of Investor Relations
- Plan, budget and deliver on capital markets plan
- Work with Marketing to increase awareness of the company to the investing public; be an evangelist and tell our story.
- Develop investor confidence in the vision and strategy for delivering shareholder value.
- Develop and manage relationships with the investment community, including current and potential investors, sell-side analysts, trading desks and buy side institutions.
- As a leader, role model the mission, vision and values and lead the team to exceed expectations so that all our stakeholders share in the extraordinary value that we create.
We are looking for an outstanding Director of Investor Relations who wants to leave a tangible legacy
- Experienced Investor Relations professional with management of a public company.
- Strong financial acumen. Experience with financial modeling and valuation methods used by analysts and investors.
- Strong understanding of the equity markets
- Ability to develop, synthesize and present perspectives on key strategic/financial issues
- Actively live and breathe the company vision and ethos.
- 10+ years of experience in investor relations, investment banking, or finance
- Strong track record of creating and maintaining positive relations with the investor community.
- Knowledge and relationships in the Canadian and US equity markets
- Assist with the creation and preparation of key messages and supporting investor presentation materials
- Prepare quarterly earnings reports, including drafting earnings releases, management Q&A preparation, and investor feedback
- Develop and manage timeline for investor conferences, non-deal roadshows and other major events
- Drive retail investor digital marketing program
- Develop marketing materials, including corporate press releases, letters to shareholders, investor fact sheets, and IR website content
- Track and report on our competitor/peer business developments and financial results
- Prepare reports and analysis outlining investor feedback, financial results, stock price performance, changes to shareholder base
- Superior communication skills with the ability to draft engaging and impactful messages for potential investors. Ability to pitch the company to investors and other external stakeholders.
- Action oriented, entrepreneurial and innovative with a desire to succeed in a high pressure environment
- Provide insights on the market activity to the leadership team
- Use digital and offline channels to build awareness and investor engagement
- Strong analytical, creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, passionate, high energy and enthusiastic
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Master’s degree in business and/or CFA or CPA designation is desirable.
- Prior knowledge or experience about the cannabis or another highly regulated industry is an asset
- Travel will be required.