The Maintenance Manager will be responsible for the daily execution of maintenance programs. The Maintenance Manager will be responsible for maintaining and servicing the facility, equipment and tools used at our site. The successful candidate is someone who loves to work with their hands and enjoys solving problems. They will be responsible for proactively performing maintenance in and around our facility.
- Follow and update the Company’s preventative maintenance and calibration program
- Maintain extensive records of all maintenance and calibration activities in compliance with the Cannabis Regulations. Training and ongoing support on the requirements of the Cannabis Act and it’s regulations will be provided.
- Operate and maintain the site electronic document management for maintenance and calibration records.
- Take responsibility for safety as it relates to the maintenance and calibration program, including the safety of all workers under their supervision.
- Perform maintenance tasks in and around the facility
- Take the lead on implementing improvements to maintenance and calibration schedules, methods and procedures
- Repair and maintain equipment to keep downtime to a minimum, including greenhouse production equipment and motorized equipment (e.g greenhouse carts, pressure washer, forklifts, pallet jacks, mechanical systems, HVAC equipment and filters, mechanized doors, grow lights, plumbing and irrigation pumps)
- Repair and maintain irrigation systems
- Repair and maintain the boiler and greenhouse heating system.
- Organize and supervise contract labour when needed.
- Manage and replenish all maintenance consumables including equipment; keeping costs within budget.
- Conduct training for all incoming employees and contractors as it relates to maintenance
We are looking for an outstanding Maintenance Manager
- Works well alone and within a team
- Can work quickly and effectively to solve problems that arise and gets ahead of future issues by being proactive. Can be creative when it comes to thinking of alternate solutions.
- Enjoys working with their hands
- Can prioritize to ensure timelines are not delayed and any production downtime is kept to a minimum
- Ability to manage daily, weekly and monthly care and maintenance of production and facility equipment
- Ability to follow instructions and completes tasks unsupervised.
- Good dexterity and ability to operate equipment
- Ability to use computers is a must; familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining attention to detail
- Willingness to get hands dirty and do undesirable tasks in extreme hot or cold conditions at times.
- Experience in a maintenance role in the cannabis, food or pharmaceutical industries is considered an asset. Experience in a Greenhouse environment is beneficial.
- Basic understanding of electrical wiring and control systems.
- Valid First Aid certification is considered an asset. The successful candidate will be required to receive first aid certification.
- Machine operation certification is an asset.
- Ability to weld aluminum and steel, as well ability to plumb PVC steel and copper pipe.
- A trade ticket or diploma would be an asset (e.g. electrician ticket)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Flexible with working hours and ok with heavy time demands and being on call.