The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for the daily execution of preventive and reactive maintenance activities
The Maintenance Technician will support the Maintenance Manager in maintaining and servicing the facility, equipment and tools used at our site. The successful candidate is someone who loves to work with their hands and enjoys solving problems. They will be responsible for proactively performing maintenance in and around our facility.
- Follow the Company’s preventative maintenance and calibration program
- Perform and record regular perimeter checks of exterior and interior site systems
- Maintain and repair production equipment structures and systems, including the not limited to: Irrigation systems, HVAC systems, lighting and mobile equipment.
- Trouble shoot mechanical issues through preestablished procedures.
- Follow standard operations procedures (SOP’s) at all times
- Effect and record the replacement of air filters and odor control systems.
- Adhere to and enforce company safety procedures
- Communicate effectively with the team, contractors and suppliers
- Operate and maintain the site electronic document management for maintenance and calibration records.
- Take responsibility for safety as it relates to the maintenance and calibration program, including the safety of all workers under their supervision.
- Perform maintenance tasks in and around the facility
- Repair and maintain irrigation systems
- Repair and maintain the boiler and greenhouse heating system.
We are looking for an outstanding Maintenance Technician
- Works well alone and within a team
- Enjoys working with their hands
- Can prioritize to ensure timelines are not delayed and any production downtime is kept to a minimum
- Ability to manage daily, weekly and monthly scheduled preventive maintenance of production and facility equipment
- Ability to follow instructions and completes tasks unsupervised.
- Good dexterity and ability to operate equipment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining attention to detail
- Willingness to get hands dirty and do undesirable tasks in extreme hot or cold conditions at times
- Experience in a maintenance role in the cannabis, food or pharmaceutical industries is considered an asset. Experience in a Greenhouse environment is beneficial.
- Experience working in a production facility with GMP standards
- Knowledge of Building Automation Systems and components such as boilers, chillers, pumps and generators
- Basic understanding of electrical wiring and control systems
- Knowledge of irrigation systems preferred
- Valid First Aid certification is considered an asset. The successful candidate will be required to receive first aid certification.
- Machine operation certification is an asset / Forklift operator
- Additional safety certification would be an asset
- Ability to weld aluminum and steel, as well ability to plumb PVC.
- A trade ticket or diploma would be an asset (e.g. electrician ticket)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Flexible with working hours and ok with heavy time demands and being on call.