Rubicon Organics mission is to grow the best cannabis on earth and for the earth. We will be bringing our portfolio of Premium Organic Cannabis brands to the Canadian market in Q1 2020. Consequently, we are recruiting an outstanding Market Strategy and Planning Analyst to lead our critical data-based demand forecast and provide insights, reports and recommendations that will assist the companies decision making.
Purpose of the Market Strategy and Planning Analyst role
- Partner with the sales team to define, design and deliver the optimal sales forecasting model for a portfolio of premium cannabis brands in Canada on a rolling 12-month basis
- Proactively analyze monthly data determine causes for increases and decreases in execution, distribution, and volume.
- Provide/present actionable recommendations to stakeholders to drive business growth that is rooted in analysis.
- Deliver ad hoc analysis against tight deadlines.
- Proactively analyze and deliver insights on key industry trends and opportunities.
- Lead and support key projects as determined by the analytics manager that support business need.
- Establish best practice reporting that are in addition to the monthly reporting suite.
- Create, update and analyze sales and distribution templates plus executive summaries to track core sales initiatives.
We are looking for an outstanding demand planner who wants to leave a tangible legacy:
- An agile, hands on detailed orientated analyst who likes to build and perfect models
- The ability to translate business questions in data and translate analysis results to the business.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders from marketing, sales and supply chain organisation
- Ability to manage complex data and simplify into insights
- A top performer who wants to deliver a broad business impact, through their participation and contribution to the sales and supply chain team, to propel the entire organisation forward.
Required Skills, Experience and Academic/Educational Requirements:
- Proven analytical & mathematical thinking, and adept at solving complex problems
- Ability to collaborate in multifunctional teams
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Familiarity with relational databases/SQL
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree; ideally in statistics, maths or economics
- Previous cannabis or Liquor experience an advantage
This position will report to Market Strategy and planning Manager and will be based in Vancouver, and will require 10% time for work travel to supply operation sites in BC Canada.