We are looking for an experienced CPG Marketing Director who is looking to bring their extensive portfolio management and digital activation experience into the dynamic cannabis category.
This role will be responsible for building consumer facing brands, and will become a beacon for consumer insight engagement in a new industry where everything is there for us to define.
The role presents a broad and exciting opportunity for a self-driven and ambitious individual with exceptional leadership capability……We are only looking for a hungry, curious thought leaders who are ready to carve a new path
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE :
Contribute to the category growth by generating, driving and delivering the Canadian brand strategy through a robust innovation pipeline, solid portfolio planning and compliant activation plans.
- Build and refine the brand strategy including identifying drivers for growth, appropriate channels for activation all which will recruit and retain key target consumers
- Defend and grow the market position through digital strategy, insights, brand positioning and project management of NPD
- Working with Innovation to drive GAP analysis of the category by identifying new product needs and retail opportunities
- Build a multi touchpoint plan and execute both on and offline
- Lead, coach and develop the marketing team
- Provide strategic and tactical marketing leadership to deliver on performance targets
- Maintain an extensive knowledge and awareness of current industry trends and conditions
- Monitor the success of marketing initiatives
- 10+yrs proven CPG Marketing experience.
- Experience working in highly restricted categories (alcohol/tobacco/pharmaceuticals) preferred
- A highly developed ability to lead, grow and develop the marketing team is vital to success in the role
- It is essential that candidates have advanced stakeholder management skills, in order to work effectively across the various segments of the business, work internationally and drive collaboration.