Rubicon Organics mission is to grow the best cannabis on Earth and for the Earth. We are looking for a strong Project Engineer to manage and execute current and future CAPEX projects, delivering optimal production capacity yearly. This is an opportunity to take everything you have learned in your engineering career to date and apply it within a nimble multinational company, leaving a huge legacy in your wake.
Purpose of the Engineering Manager role:
- Manage, schedule and execute CAPEX projects on time and on budget, with Operations and Finance Directors
- Work with various teams to design and align project scope, timelines and deliverables
- Lead current and future Cultivation and Post Harvest projects, including existing building retrofits and new growth expansions
- Coordinate design, installation, commissioning, and training of all new CAPEX equipment.
- Work safely in a GPP/GMP facility adhering to SOP’s and reporting requirements. Ensure compliance with Health Canada regulations.
- Prepare documentation in accordance with established codes, standards, specifications and GPP/GMP requirements
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of all planned equipment and project schedules
- Ensure optimal production while adhering to all compliance and quality requirements
- Coordinate project plants with external contractors and internal Stakeholders
- Work with Procurement Manager to ensure project milestones are met. Review and recommend contracts for equipment and machines. Build and manage equipment selection, procurement, and installation logistic schedules to meet targeted production dates
- Develop concepts for production equipment for new and innovative products
- Role model the mission, vision and values of Rubicon organics, and help the team to exceed expectations so that all our stakeholders share in the extraordinary value that we create.
We are looking for an outstanding Engineering Manager who wants to leave a tangible legacy:
An agile, hands on engineer, with a passion for streamlining and completing projects on time and within budget
Ability to manage complex data and cross functional relationships within the company
An Engineer Manager who wants to deliver a broad business impact, through their participation and contribution to the Operations team and propel the entire organization forward.
Required Skills, Experience and Academic/Educational Requirements:
- Proven project management experience (project management certification an asset)
- Proven experience within a highly regulated warehouse or manufacturing environment in a GPP/GMP facility
- GMP build experience
- Managing CAPEX budgets
- Knowledge of Health Canada regulations
- Attention to detail, strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Electrical, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineer preferred
- Six Sigma Green or Black belt an asset