Rubicon Organics has received its cultivation and processing licenses from Health Canada and will soon be ready to bring its portfolio of Super Premium Organic Cannabis brands to market. We’re looking for a talented QC Specialist to help us deliver our mission and have a big impact in this high growth industry. As part of the Quality team, you will help ensure we are delivering our super premium organic cannabis to provide an incredible consumer and patient experience.
This is an opportunity to take everything you’ve learned in your Quality career and continue to grow your career within a nimble multinational company, leaving a huge legacy in your wake.
Purpose of the Quality Specialist role
- Support the Quality Control Manager with the implementation, monitoring and follow-up of Quality strategies and programs in all aspects of production procedures and processes
- Proactively coordinate the fundamentals of GPP, GDP, HACCP and audit programs and provide leadership and support to plant employees
- Partner with the Operations team to meet production process and product quality standards to ensure the highest quality cannabis.
- Assist in collating all batch related documentation for QAP review and approval of each batch of high-quality cannabis prior to its sale to clients,which includes keeping complete and auditable batch records
- Perform receiving of raw materials, supplies, equipment, packaging components, and check documentation prior to shipping finished products (Chain of Custody, manifest)
- Perform QC checks in critical control points (e.g. sanitation, weight check, label check)
- Assist the Recall team to investigate complaints related to quality, investigate quality issues in the facility, perform audits (internal and external)
- Investigate client complaints (when related to the quality of the product).
- Initiate Deviation Reports, Corrective Action and Preventive Actions (CAPAs) when investigating quality issues
- Initiate audit programs (regulatory, internal and third party)
- Assist in updating methods and procedures (SOPs) related to production, pest control, building, equipment, packaging, labeling and storage and distribution of cannabis
- Ensures timely inspection, testing, retaining and disposition of HC retain and test samples
- Prepare and send samples for third party testing. Receive, collate and file third party results. Communicate with the third-party lab regarding any questions or concerns
- Ensure that all testing is conducted in a timely fashion and within approved established procedures and that all generated data reflect the commitments to integrity and quality through prompt evaluation of the data generated through testing. (E.g. Moisture Analysis, ATP testing for sanitation, environmental control swab/testing, in-house micro testing)
- Assist QC Manager in reviewing analytical data to support GPP activities
- Perform and maintain a program for periodic verification and calibration of equipment. Liaison with Maintenance Department regarding equipment management (preventive maintenance)
- Be part of Health Canada inspections, assisting in replying to HC observations. Participate on CRA inspections.
- Assist in maintaining record keeping activities
- 2-5 years of experience in a quality position within, pharmaceutical, natural health product or the Cannabis industry
- Experience in quality control operations with a producer regulated by the Food and Drugs Act; agri-food processing, pharmaceutical and/or other industries that are certified HACCP Canada.
- Experience and or knowledge with one or more of the following regulations: Cannabis Regulations and the Food and Drug Act (FDA); Food and Drug Regulations; Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA); as well as Pest Control Products Act (PCPA) and the Fertilizers Act is an asset.
- Experience in an ISO: 9001, ISO: 13485 or ISO: 17025 environments is an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven analytical & creative thinking, and adept at solving problems
- Supervisory experience would be an asset
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Pharmaceutical Sciencesor related field.