Rubicon Organics has recently received its cultivation and processing licenses from Health Canada, and will be ready to bring its portfolio of Super Premium Organic Cannabis brands to market in the second half of 2019. Consequently, we are recruiting an outstanding Sales Director to lead, recruit and manage the full Canadian sales, shopper and trade marketing team. This is an opportunity to take everything you have learned in your sales career to date and apply it in a senior leadership role within a nimble multinational company, leaving a huge legacy in your wake.
Purpose of the Sales Director role
- Lead and inspire the commercial team (dispensary sales team, medical DTC sales team, key accounts & distributor team, shopper and trade marketing team) to deliver volume, revenue, gross margin and shopper execution KPIs for a portfolio of super premium cannabis brands in Canada.
- Partner with the innovation team to bake commercial insights and realities into the rolling 3-year innovation pipeline.
- As a member of the Canadian Leadership team, role model the mission, vision and values of Rubicon organics, and lead the Canada team to exceed expectations so that all our stakeholders share in the extraordinary value that we create.
We are looking for an outstanding Sales Leader who wants to leave a tangible legacy:
- An agile, hands on leader, with a passion for leading the team to deliver & exceed targets
- Ability to inspire and level with the entire organization, from sales rep to CEO.
- Ability to manage complex data and relationships, adept at closing multimillion dollar deals, while simultaneously leading daily execution of sales fundamentals across Canada.
- A leader who wants to deliver a broad business impact, through their participation and contribution to the Canadian executive leadership team, to propel the entire organization forward.
- 10 years’ experience in Sales and commercial management.
- 5 years’ experience leading commercial teams and cross functional teams
- Experience of distributor management, key account management and field team management
- Customer, shopper and Trade marketing experience is an advantage
- On premise and off premise sales experience an advantage
- Proven analytical & creative thinking, and adept at solving problems
- Used to managing commercial budgets of $10m
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree; Majors in business, economics or finance is an advantage
- Previous cannabis or Liquor sales experience an advantage
This position will report to President of North America and will be based in Vancouver or Toronto, and will require minimum 30% time for work travel across Canada.