Rubicon Organics mission is to grow the best cannabis on earth and for the earth. We recently launched our first premium organic cannabis brand in Canada, Simply BareTM, and we are excited to expand our product offerings in 2020. This is an opportunity to take everything you have learned in your Finance career to date and apply it within a nimble multinational company.
- Preparation of working papers for annual US and Canadian tax returns for external accountants
- Preparation of GST and various US state and federal tax filings
- Preparation of monthly cannabis excise tax filings
- Manage annual insurance renewals
- Maintain corporate records and minute books
- Initiate annual general meeting of shareholders and prepare relevant materials
- Assist FP&A team with compiling data for monthly budget to actual process
- Ad-hoc reporting and filings as required
- As a member of the Finance team, role model the mission, vision and values of Rubicon Organics, and help the team to exceed expectations so that all our stakeholders share in the extraordinary value that we create.
- Designated CPA with 3-5 years of accounting experience
- Experience with Canadian or US tax is an asset
- Experience with Xero or a comparable accounting system is an asset
- Detail oriented with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations
- Problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.