As our VP Operations, you will lead Rubicon Organics’ global supply chain to deliver our mission to grow and develop the best cannabis products on Earth, and for the Earth. This executive role will be responsible for leading and creating our future international supply chain (outdoor grow, contract manufacturing, 2.0 processing and innovation campus), as well as delivering results through the Canadian Operations Director at our existing operating facility (hybrid greenhouse cultivation, manufacturing and fulfillment)
We’re looking for a talented leader to have a massive impact in this high growth industry by taking a hands-on approach to team development and operational execution. This is an opportunity to take everything you’ve learned in your operations career to date and apply it in a senior leadership role within a nimble multinational company, leaving a legacy in your wake.
Purpose of the VP Operations
- Lead and inspire the operations teams to deliver maximum quality and yield, at minimum cost
- Partner with the innovation and new business teams to provide internal and external supply chain solutions to meet new consumer and patient product needs
- Own global CAPEX and OPEX budgets, including major CAPEX expansion projects
- Ensure CAPEX projects are planned and executed on time, on budget.
- As the member of the global executive team you will model the mission, vision and values of Rubicon Organics, lead the team to exceed expectations, and deliver extraordinary stakeholder value
We are looking for an outstanding VP Operations who wants to leave a tangible legacy
- An agile, pragmatic, hands on leader with a passion for leading the operations team to deliver and exceed supply chain targets
- Ability to inspire, motivate and level with the entire operations organization from directors to crop workers
- Ability to manage daily operations of a multi-million dollar company, whilst simultaneously leading planning and execution of future innovation and high capex projects at pace with the industry.
- A leader who wants to deliver a broad business impact, through their participation and contribution to the executive leadership team, to propel the entire organization forward
- 15+ years’ experience in operations management with recent experience in senior operations leadership roles
- Previous cannabis industry, greenhouse agricultural operations, manufacturing or pharmaceuticals (GMP) experience is a strong advantage
- Proven analytical, strategic, creative thinking and planning skills with ability to focus on clear outcomes
- Proven success managing large OPEX (C$30-75m) and CAPEX budgets (C$10-50m)
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, agriculture or a related field; or equivalent experience
- Sigma Black Belt certified or strong understanding and successful application of LEAN manufacturing best practices an advantage
This position will report to the Global President and will be based in Delta, BC with 30% of time travelling to Vancouver or other sites as required.