Rubicon Organics facilities in Canada and Washington state have recently been licensed, enabling us to bring our portfolio of Super Premium Organic Cannabis brands to market in the second half of 2019. Consequently, we are recruiting an outstanding VP finance to lead, the North American management finance team. This is an opportunity to take everything you have learned in your finance career to date and apply it in a senior leadership role within a nimble multinational company, leaving a huge legacy in your wake.
Purpose of the VP Finance role
- Lead and inspire the management finance teams in both US and Canada to deliver the committed business unit annual P&Ls, supported by strong corporate Governance.
- Be the critical business partner to President North America and his team to promote growth, help solve problems, deliver analysis and enable great business decision making.
- Lead the annual business planning cycle, including quarterly revised estimates.
- Monitor and control of the business targets and their achievement by supervising the business performance every month and taking the necessary steps in coordination with the Finance team and leadership team from each market.
- Define, design and deliver the required operating systems (IT and Processes) for effective control and reporting of management accounts on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- As a member of the North American Leadership team, role model the mission, vision and values of Rubicon organics, and lead the Canada team to exceed expectations so that all our stakeholders share in the extraordinary value that we create.
We are looking for an outstanding Finance Leader who wants to leave a tangible legacy:
- An agile, hands on leader, with a passion for leading the team to deliver & exceed targets
- Ability to inspire and level with the entire organisation, from AP clerk to CEO.
- A leader who wants to deliver a broad business impact, through their participation and contribution to the North America leadership team, to propel the entire organisation forward.
Required Skills, Experience and Educational Requirements:
- Finance degree, ideally with a bachelor in Accounting or CPA. Specialization or master’s course desirable.
- Minimum of 10 years in leadership positions in Finance management in multinational FMCG companies preferable
- Experience with financial planning and analysis; managing all finance-related processes; experience with logistics/ operations/ foreign trade/ imports/ transportation
- Experience implementing a new major financial IT platform (such as Oracale or SAP).
- Used to managing P&Ls of C$50-100m
- Strong knowledge in concepts and tools of Financial Management, with an excellent understanding of business dynamics, risk management and efficiency in a FMCG context.
- Capability to do the accounting without assistance including the closing of the books fulfilling both corporate and local requirements.
- Good knowledge of all local tax and accounting principles. Knowledge of International Accounting Standards (IAS) is desirable.
- Strong background knowledge of Reporting and Controlling.
- Previous cannabis or regulated market experience an advantage
This position will jointly report to President North America and CFO and will be based in Vancouver.