- Consent for Collection, Use and Disclosure
- A customer may withdraw his or her consent for collection, use and disclosure at any time. Please note that, if you do, Rubicon may suspend its provision of products and services to you. When you unsubscribe, if you fall within the guarantee period for any Rubicon product and you request a refund, the guarantee will be honored.
- Rubicon collects, at the time of your registration and your sign-on to its web site, certain “personal information” (information that personally identifies you) including but not limited to your name, email address, home or work address, telephone number, and information about your computer hardware and software (e.g., IP address, operating system, browser type, domain name, URL, access times, and referring web site addresses).
- Third Party Vendors
- We use Google tracking and advertising products to provide & improve our advertising, including: Remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, and Google Analytics Demographics & Interest Reporting.
- You may opt out of other 3rd party cookies by visiting http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
- Purposes for Collecting Personal Information
- Rubicon collects and uses personal information for the following Identified Purposes:
- to understand customer needs regarding Rubicon’s services;
- to fulfill your requests for products, services or information;
- to communicate with customers and site visitors, when necessary, and to inform customers of upgrades, as well as of other products and services available from Rubicon, its affiliates and third parties;
- to allow customers to access limited-entry areas of Rubicon’s site;
- to personalize some of our services and products for you and to deliver targeted advertisements and offers from Rubicon and third parties;
- to bill accounts and maintain payment records;
- to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request;
- to respond to a legitimate claim, or to address our reasonable belief, that you are violating the rights of any third party or any of the agreements or policies that govern your use of the Rubicon site or any Rubicon product or service;
- to protect the services, products or rights of Rubicon, including but not limited to the security or integrity of the Rubicon site; and
- to identify and resolve technical problems concerning Rubicon’s site, products and services.
If we hire other companies to provide some products or services on our behalf, then we will only provide those companies the personal information they need for the Identified Purposes, and we will limit their rights to use and further disclose your personal information as appropriate in the course of their work for us.
- Limiting the Collection of Personal Information
- Rubicon limits its collection of personal information to only that information which is necessary for the Identified Purposes. Rubicon does not direct its site to, nor does it knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of thirteen.
- Disclosure, Processing and Retention
Rubicon does not sell, rent or disclose your personal information to anyone else, except:
- to someone you have designated to act as your agent, for one or more of the Identified Purposes (listed in Section 2, above);
- a very limited amount, and in very few cases, to Rubicon’s employees, independent contractors, subsidiaries, affiliates, consultants, business associates, service providers, suppliers and agents, acting on Rubicon’s behalf for any of the Identified Purposes;
- as necessary if Rubicon has reason to believe that disclosure is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference (either intentionally or unintentionally) with Rubicons rights or property, other users of Rubicon’s website, products or services, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities; and
- to respond to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law.
In addition, as we continue to develop our business, we or our affiliates may sell or buy other businesses or entities, or we may merge with another company. In such transactions, personal information may be one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the event that Rubicon or substantially all of its assets are acquired, your personal information may be one of the transferred assets.
Your information may be stored and processed in the Canada, or in any other country in which Rubicon or its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities. By using this web site, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
After your account becomes inactive (that is, if you request to be removed from our database), Rubicon will keep your personal information in its archives. Your information will then be used only as necessary for tax reasons or to prove Rubicon’s compliance with any applicable law.
- Accuracy of Personal Information
- Rubicon will use reasonable efforts to keep customer personal information accurate for the Identified Purposes, and for minimizing the possibility of making inappropriate customer decisions based on such information. Customers are responsible for informing Rubicon about changes to their personal information. Rubicon will use new or updated personal information it receives from customers to update its own records.
- Security Safeguards
- Rubicon will use reasonable efforts to protect customers’ personal information.
- Access to Personal Information
Rubicon will afford you a reasonable opportunity to review the personal information in your file, if you so request by writing to:
505-744 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, V6C1A5
If Rubicon is not able to provide access to some aspect of a customer’s personal information, it will provide reasons for denying access such as; that by doing so would likely reveal personal information about a third party, or that it is confidential commercial information or attorney client privileged communications, or that the information relates to a breach of an agreement or a contravention of law, or that its disclosure could reasonably be expected to threaten the life or security of another individual.
Customers have the right to request that inaccurate or incomplete information be amended as appropriate, by contacting Rubicon as described above.’ Rubicon will promptly correct such personal information.’